According to the outcomes of the Danube and Tisza River Basin Management Plans, a dialogue among stakeholders from the agricultural sector together with water managers on the inter-linkages between agriculture and water management (agriculture and environment) should be initiated.
- WHAT is the relevance of agriculture sector in the Danube and Tisza River Basins and which are the main pressures from the agricultural activities impacting the quality and quantity of waters of the river basins?
- HOW the implementation of the EU policies and directives facilitate the reduction of pressures due to agricultural activities in water ecosystems? (e.g. role of Nitrate Directive, EAFRD etc.)
- WHICH are the agricultural measures currently implemented?
- WHY a dialogue between the actors of agriculture and water management sectors are crucial and how the dialogue between stakeholders – also including business sector – can facilitate the improvement of the status of the waters in long term?
The workshop is aiming to discuss these questions and to facilitate the dialogue between stakeholders of agriculture and water management.
Objectives of the workshop
- To provide evidence on the stakeholders involvement and benefits from the agricultural measures implementation
- To support implementation of Joint Programme of Measures – special focus on measures related to agriculture
- To identify obstacles/constraints related to agricultural measures
- To address the identified obstacles and constraints by developing appropriate solutions and recommendations
Expected outputs of the workshop
- Enhanced knowledge on the significance of EU policies and directives in facilitating the interlinkages between water and agriculture management
- Information on the initial results in the JPM implementation focus on measures related to agriculture: obstacles, gaps and lessons learned
- Improved understanding on requirements, measures and needed actions of stakeholders
This workshop is supported by the EU Grant DRBMP-2012.
Workshop 5 Nov 2012: Background Paper (707.14 KB) Background paper on measures and recommendations to reduce entries of nitrogen, phosphate and pesticides into water in the Danube River Basin by Manfred Röttele.
Workshop 5 Nov 2012: Leaflet (1.22 MB) Official leaflet for the workshop on agriculture and water management held in Bucharest, 5-6 November 2012.
Workshop 5 Nov 2012: Tizsa Case Study (959.92 KB) Tisza River Basin case study on agriculture and water management.
Workshop 5 Nov 2012: Agenda (103.57 KB) Agenda for the workshop on Agriculture and Water Management, held in Bucharest on 5-6 November 2012.
Workshop 5 Nov 2012: Survey (59.64 KB) ICPDR Stakeholders Survey Online Questionnaire on Agriculture and Water Management
Workshop 5 Nov 2012: Background Paper 2 (1.12 MB) Background paper on recent methods, input data and modeled nutrient emissions and potential of measures to reduce these in the Danube catchment by Markus Venohr.
- 5 Nov 2012: Rakosi (389.26 KB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Venohr et al. (3.5 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Agrium (1.21 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Weller (5.97 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Roettele (1.99 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Rouyer (2.01 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Heidemeier (1.97 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Martinov (36.53 KB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Kunikova (1.43 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Simota (1.3 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Popovici (2.21 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Islam (874.06 KB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Olena (2.04 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Dragoi (1.1 MB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Kozsta (709.65 KB)
- 5 Nov 2012: Catana (517.04 KB)