Owner/Publisher: ICPDR – International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River, Vienna, email@example.com; Executive Editor: Hélène Masliah-Gilkarov; Editor: Jake Friedly; Design: Wagesreiter Grafikstudio e.U.; Print: Bernsteiner Media GmbH; Online publishing: Alex Höbart.
Danube Watch is the official magazine of ICPDR, the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River. Danube Watch enhances regional cooperation and information sharing on sustainable water management and environmental protection in the Danube River Basin. It reports on current issues affecting the Danube Basin, and on action taken to deal with challenges in the river basin. Striving for scientific accuracy while remaining concise, clear and readable, it is produced for the wide range of people who are actively involved in the Danube River Basin and are working for the improvement of its environment.
The ICPDR accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to information or opinions of the authors of the articles in this issue.
For a free subscription to Danube Watch, or to contribute to Danube Watch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dear readers, The participation of different stakeholders in water resources management is enshrined as Principle Two of the 1992 Dublin Statement on Water and Sustainable Development,
- #DiscoverDanube at Danube Day 2021 VIENNA, 29th June 2021 – For Danube Day 2021, the ICPDR again invited more than 80 million people across 14 Danube countries to celebrate, to
- Time for the Public of the Danube River Basin to… Public Consultation Continues on the ICPDR’s two 2021 Management Plan Updates Why Public Consultation? It
- A New Kind of Public Stakeholder Workshop: Our Opinion – Our Danube In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the future of the ICPDR’s flagship Public Consultation Workshop
- Our Opinion – Our Danube: What Our Stakeholders Said One of the most important sections of this workshop came in the form of a series of nine statements from key stakeholders on the
- ICPDR Presidency 2021 The ICPDR's President for 2021, from Montenegro: Momčilo Blagojević On the 26th of January 2021, Montenegro took over the annual Presidency of the
- Join the Danube Floodplain Online Course 100% free and accessible to everyone, a new Danube Floodplain Online Course is an incredible opportunity to help you better understand the concept
- Shaping The Future Of Europe’s WatersEuropean River Symposium 2021: A Report W hile progress is constantly being made in the battle for Europe’s rivers, surface waters
- Can River Basin Organizations be effective in managing shared basins in light of all the challenges they face? Lessons from River Basin Organizations around the world Rivers are a
- "The Power Of Partnership": The Living Danube Partnership While Danube countries have committed to conserving and restoring freshwater habitats and ecosystems, achieving
- Biodiversity: “At The Collapse” Two Vienna professors electro-fishing in the Danube: Herwig Waidbacher (left) and Friedrich Schiemer (right). In days gone by, fish
Danube Watch 1/2021 (6.39 MB) #HAVEYOURSAY: ICPDR Public Consultation Continues WHAT OUR STAKEHOLDERS SAID: ICPDR Observers Speak BIODIVERSITY: At The Collapse