Owner/Publisher: ICPDR – International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River, Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org; Executive Editor: Hélène Masliah-Gilkarov; Editor: Jake Friedly; Design: Wagesreiter & Polaschek Grafikdesign; Print: Bernsteiner Media GmbH; Online publishing: Alex Höbart; Cover photo: © Miroslav Očadlík, Freshwater officer at WWF Slovakia, view from his home office in Bratislava during the COVID-19 crisis.
Danube Watch is the official magazine of ICPDR, the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River. Danube Watch enhances regional cooperation and information sharing on sustainable water management and environmental protection in the Danube River Basin. It reports on current issues affecting the Danube Basin, and on action taken to deal with challenges in the river basin. Striving for scientific accuracy while remaining concise, clear and readable, it is produced for the wide range of people who are actively involved in the Danube River Basin and are working for the improvement of its environment.
The ICPDR accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to information or opinions of the authors of the articles in this issue.
For a free subscription to Danube Watch, or to contribute to Danube Watch, please contact email@example.com
- Dear readers, Within a few short months, the COVID-19 crisis has upended our lives, and its impact on global health, livelihoods and education will be felt for years to come. We have
- Sewers4COVID Solution Earns Five Water Europe Members European Commission Awards A team consisting of Water Europe members won first place in one of the six categories of the #EUvsVirus
- Stay Safe, Stay Strong, Stay ICPDR: Vienna, 17 March 2020 – Following recent developments of the COVID-19 virus, and in line with both the measures taken by the Austrian
- Communication in Times of the Corona Crisis: Finally Embracing a Digital Workplace B eyond the economic and medical situation, COVID-19 has highlighted in different states around the
- Mr. Giulio Mariani, please begin by introducing yourself to us, and explaining a bit about your speciality in JDS4 including the substances you work with. I am a technical analytical
- More Efficient Sampling with the Mariani Box Technical analytical chemist, Giulio Mariani, explains the development and use of his “Mariani Box” to make water analysis more
- Emergencies: Testing the Accident Emergency Warning System During the Corona Emergency PIAC-SI during AEWS test: 12.5.2020 located in the Notification Centre of the Republic of
- Technology and New Approaches to Cooperation are Vital In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, and the necessary changes to communication practices that have come with it, the entire way
- Data, the ICPDR and DanubeGIS Data is essential to all of the endeavours of the ICPDR. Without the data collected in the field, decision-makers would be unable to do their very
- Mapping Environmental Protection: A Cartographer’s View on Europe's Second-longest River It is quite interesting to observe the great variety in scale, levels of data
- There's Nothing Small About This Short Film Insight into 'The Black Sea: Can Europe's Most Polluted Sea be Saved?' ICPDR wholeheartedly recommends that you take the
- We're Getting to the Bottom of the Danube It has been over 30 years since the composition of the riverbed east of Vienna was last systematically inspected. Now a major probing
- Presidency 2020: Cooperation, Collaboration and New Perspectives in Times of Crisis Moldova has taken over the ICPDR Presidency for 2020 only to be immediately met with the COVID-19
- Talking with Two ICPDR Dinosaurs Two influential personalities reflect on the beginnings of the ICPDR. They were there then, back in the early nineties, working to put it all in place,
Danube Watch 1/2020 (6.36 MB) JOINT DANUBE SURVEY 4: Working in Crisis-mode DATA: Sorting it all out and Putting it to Use PRESIDENCY 2020: Cooperation, Collaboration and New Perspectives