Owner/Publisher: ICPDR – International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River, Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org; Executive Editor: Hélène Masliah-Gilkarov; Editor: Jake Friedly; Design: Wagesreiter & Polaschek Grafikdesign; Print: Bernsteiner Media GmbH; Online publishing: Alex Höbart; Cover photo: © Jag cz, The Sturgeon is considered a flagship species of the Danube and reflects the overall health of the river basin's ecosystem.
Danube Watch is the official magazine of ICPDR, the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River. Danube Watch enhances regional cooperation and information sharing on sustainable water management and environmental protection in the Danube River Basin. It reports on current issues affecting the Danube Basin, and on action taken to deal with challenges in the river basin. Striving for scientific accuracy while remaining concise, clear and readable, it is produced for the wide range of people who are actively involved in the Danube River Basin and are working for the improvement of its environment.
The ICPDR accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to information or opinions of the authors of the articles in this issue.
For a free subscription to Danube Watch, or to contribute to Danube Watch, please contact email@example.com
- Dear readers, Conservation can serve two objectives: to protect/conserve a current state with respect to ongoing changes or to return to conditions as they were in the past (a
- ICPDR Publishes Position Paper on the Post-2020 Common Agricultural Policy and Water Management in the Danube River Basin Discussions have begun on how the EC’s post-2020 Common
- ICPDR is seeking solutions to man-made dams that hinder and prevent the migration of sturgeon and other migratory fish species in the Danube River with the project We Pass focusing on the
- MEASURES seeks to identify and protect key habitats of the Danube Basin necessary for the conservation of migratory fish species. Through the partnership of governments, organisations, and
- Flagship Species of the Danube – Will There be Sturgeons in the Future? An Articel by Jörn Gessner, Thomas Hein, Thomas Friedrich (Russian Sturgeon © WWF-
- Karlovac Freshwater Aquarium AQUATIKA: a Unique Freshwater Aquarium on the Banks of the Korana River in Karlovac, Croatia Aquatika - a protector of biodiversity The Public
- The ICPDR has released a 23-page Interim Report on the implementation of its ‘Joint Program of Measures in the Danube River Basin’. The brochure is both a snapshot of the
- After passing on the presidency of DANUBEPARKS in December 2018 to Vladko Ražac, Carl Manzano handed over the reins of the Donau-Auen National Park to to Edith Klauser in February 2019,
- What better way to experience the natural beauty that the Danube has to offer than by bicycle? Hoping to highlight the Danube's many national parks, protected areas, and their years
- Presidency 2019: Exploring New Partnerships Strengthening Water Security and Securing the Future Hungary has taken over the ICPDR Presidency for 2019, the 25th anniversary of the
- S ince its establishment in 2012, the Danube Sturgeon Task Force (DSTF) has been a frequent guest at ICPDR meetings, informing members about sturgeon conservation initiatives and threats.
- An Interview with Dr. Mirjana Lenhardt Mirjana Lenhardt is Principle Research Fellow in the Department of Hydroecology and Water Protection at the University of Belgrade in Belgrade,
- Danube Watch 1/2019 (4.59 MB)