Owner/Publisher: ICPDR – International Commission for the
Protection of the Danube River, Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Executive Editor: Benedikt Mandl; Editor: Kirstie Shepherd;
Cover photo: Kuenzelmann/UFZ
Print: Druckerei Janetschek, Vienna;
Danube Watch is the official magazine of ICPDR, the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River. Danube Watch enhances regional cooperation and information sharing on sustainable water management and environmental protection in the Danube River Basin. It reports on current issues affecting the Danube Basin, and on action taken to deal with challenges in the river basin. Striving for scientific accuracy while remaining concise, clear and readable, it is produced for the wide range of people who are actively involved in the Danube River Basin and are working for the improvement of its environment.
The ICPDR accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to information or opinions of the authors of the articles in this issue.
|For a free subscription to Danube Watch, or to contribute to Danube Watch, please contact email@example.com|
- Danube Art Master film premiered at ministerial meeting, Sturgeon 2020: Second edition available, Life Project launch: Vienna welcomes sterlets upon return, etc.
- Rivers, lakes and groundwater are vital natural resources, but many of these resources are environmentally damaged or under threat. To protect these shared waters of the Danube River Basin, the ICPDR...
- Although floods are natural events and part of the natural water cycle, they cause massive damage and risk to human lives. A new management plan adopted this February will provide a means for basin-...
- Danube Declaration 2016: a vision for the river basin In December last year, the ICPDR adopted two management plans that will be the roadmap for the work of the commission until 2021
- The ICPDR convened its third Ministerial Meeting, bringing together ministers and representatives from all Danube countries, as well as NGOs and observer organisations, to define water management...
- In the year of its third Ministerial Meeting, the ICPDR is presided over by the Czech Republic, taking the lead to focus efforts on enhancing cooperation in the region.
- Untreated wastewater discharges from households and industry continue to threaten ecosystems in the basin.
- Ten years after the success of the Danube Box, a new online adventure game lets children explore the Danube River, learning about its treasures and the pressures it faces through a clever combination...
- Motivated by one of the worst droughts in the country’s history, the Czech Republic is taking an intersectoral – and an international – approach to developing long-term strategies to protect against...
- ICPDR MEETINGS For final dates, please consult the ICPDR calendar, available at www.icpdr.org. 21/5/2016 World-wide Second World Fish
- Danube Watch 1/2016 (1.2 MB)