In the download section below, please note both the job advertisement in German and English as well as the Terms of Reference in English for the position.
Finance Administration Officer
- Bookkeeping, recording of financial information, preparation of financial reports and assist in preparation of budgets; processing payments and transfers, payroll accounting, dealing with tax issues, maintaining financial records.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are in accordance with ICPDR financial regulations and rules.
- Financial administrative support to the Executive Secretary.
- Financial administrative support to the technical experts and the EGs as required.
- Knowledge of and experience in accounting and financial management.
- Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes.
- Familiar with the main features of the Austrian tax and social and health insurance systems.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Experience in working with an international/interdisciplinary team is an additional asset.
- Interest and enthusiasm to work in a team
- Perform well under stress and cope with deadlines
- Conscientious, diligent and reliable, highly numerate
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of accounting and financial management from private or public organization, preferably international.
- Sufficient experience with booking system management; a relevant diploma course is an advantage.
- He or she has to be fluent in English and German.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures of an international agency such as EU or UN is an additional asset.
- Full-time employment starting 1 February 2015
- A tax free annual gross salary of 31,000 to 43,000 EUR
- 6 weeks of vacation per annum, benefits and educational opportunities
- A stimulating range of responsibilities and work place at the Vienna International Center
- Work in a small, friendly, motivated and international team
Are you interested? If so, please look at all documents on this page. To apply, please submit a cover letter and a CV in English by e-mail or regular mail to:
Attn. Executive Secretary Mr. Ivan Zavadsky
Vienna International Centre, Room D0412
Wagramer Strasse 5
A-1220 Vienna, Austria
The application deadline is the 28 November, interviews are preliminarily scheduled for 8 December 2014.
FAO Advertisement - Deutsch (16.98 KB) Job Advertisement for Finance Administration Officer - Deutsch.
FAO Advertisement in English (17.03 KB) Job Advertisement for Finance Administration Officer in English.
Terms of Reference Finance Administration Officer (39.88 KB) Terms of Refernece, Finance Administration Officer